Guide to The Best Places to Celebrate New Year’s Eve While Studying Abroad
With New Year’s Eve around the corner, places around the globe will have super fascinating celebrations for 31st December. While many will have their plans for vacations or trips or parties sorted, with friends and family, there are international students who might have to be away from their home for New Year’s. However disheartening this may be, it’s a great opportunity for them to explore the vibrant culture of the place and celebrate the New Year’s Eve exploring exciting places and socializing with new friends.
For all you international students, away from home, here’s a guide to making the most of the New Year’s Eve at different international destination:
1. Paris: If you’re studying in Paris, or anywhere in France, you can easily make to Paris for the NYE. What can be fascinating than celebrating the NYE in the world’s most romantic destination? You can witness an amazing fireworks and light show display at the Eiffel Tower. Besides that, you can see people dancing, singing their hearts out with champagne, on the streets. There’s glory all around to beam you up.
2. London: Celebrations at London include a spectacular light show by the chimes of Big Ben. Heavy crowding expected at River Thames, along with a host of parties. On January 1st, there’s a lengthy parade with Queen’s horses, marching bands, colorful floats, and costumed dancers. The ideal spots to visit during the NYE are along the Victoria Embankment, Waterloo or Westminster bridges – on water, enjoying Thames dinner cruise.
3. Sydney: Sydney’s NYE celebrations are world famous. It is the first capital city in the world to greet the New Year. You can witness the extravagant firework display at Sydney Harbor. You may book a seat at one of the waterfront restaurants by the Harbor bridge to witness the brilliant firework and light display. You can also expect to see mini-light shows and boat parades and be a part of a huge dance party at Bondi Beach.
4. New York City: You can’t be luckier than to witness NYE in the world’s most happening place, New York. One of the grandest and most happening NYE celebrations takes place at New York’s Times Square. Expect biggest music concerts, parties, and other activities at Times Square. More than a million people arrive in New York for the NYE’s celebration.
5. Melbourne: You can expect spectacular firework shows, launched from Victoria Harbor. You can be spectators to live acts of Brazilian Samba dancers and folk musicians at Federation Square.
6. Las Vegas: If you’re in the US, particularly during December, you cannot afford to miss going toLas Vegas. On New Year’s Eve, more than a 300,000 visitors come to be a part of the fun and frolic the place has to offer. On December 31st, 6 p.m. onwards, the famous strip is closed for vehicles and is opened up for visitors to walk around, drink and party. You can witness magnificent fireworks shot from surrounding rooftops. You can also be a part of various activities, parties, dance shows, of major hotels and clubs.
7. Berlin: The city celebrates the NYE around Brandenburg Gate, where you can expect over a one million visitors. People fill “Party Mile” which is lined with music stages and tents serving local food and a variety of wine. At midnight, expect grand firework shows followed by parties at different clubs, bars, and hotels.
With this, how can you even remotely expect to feel bored and homesick during the NYE? Don’t just sit there back, get out, have fun, and make your last day of 2017, one of the most unforgettable one.