Subclass 679, also called as the Family Visitor Visa issues by the Australian Immigration and Citizenship Department has given you a permitting to visit Australia for a vacation or try spending some days with friends and relatives. This is a part of the visa norms that the applicant will have to leave the country before the visa gets expired. When applying for this visa, the applicant guarantees and signs to the terms and conditions of the visa.
When on this visa, you cannot opt for a business trip to Australia. You need to specify the reasons and show a proof that you have someone staying in Australia whom you are planning to meet. Apart from these, you are not at all liable to receive a Visitor Visa Subclass 679 from the Australian Immigration and Citizenship Department.
Working of this Visa
It’s always necessary that you always see the other side of the coin. Your eligibility is not the only concern over here, but the also the one who is planning to sponsor you to Australia. If at all the sponsor has already sponsored someone, then he/she will have to wait for the expiry of that very application before making any new sponsorship.
To become an eligible sponsor, you need to be:
- At least 18 years of age
- A permanent resident or citizen of Australia
- Australia settled for at least two years
In addition, you also need to belong to any of the following categories:
- Like such as parent, partner, child, sister, brother, grandchild, grandparent, uncle, aunt, nephew, or niece. Adopted equivalents of these are equally eligible
- A related member of family who is applying for Family Visitor Subclass 679 visa
- Australian Parliament member at either Territory, State, or Commonwealth levels
- An authorized individual representing State, Territory, or Commonwealth government departments
- Mayor of local government
This subclass of visitor visa is usually offered for the time limit of three months. In some special conditions, the time limit offered can be of twelve months, but this can again be a case wherein things should really call out to be meaningful. When we talk about the sponsorship, it cannot end unless the applicant who is sponsored hasn’t left the shores of Australia. It also becomes impossible for the sponsor to withdraw the sponsorship once the visitor visa is valid.
Australian Immigration and Citizenship Department are tended to request a security bond on some selected cases. Usually these are demanded from the applicants who then fail to follow the visa norms.