The application procedure to study in France is more or similar with those of other countries.
Prospective students should select universities they are intending to study in and should have finished taking IELTS/TOEFL and other required standardized exams. They should fill in the online application form of the desired university and submit all the needed documents.
Following are the documents required for the application procedure:
- Prior admission or pre-registration certificate provided by the university;
- Campus France authorization;
- Passport or ID card (valid for the duration of your stay);
- ID/passport type photos;
- Copies of graduation diplomas and their French translation;
- Registration fee (185 EUR/year for a Bachelor’s degree, 260 EUR for a Master’s and 390 EUR for a Ph.D.);
- Social security fees (around 200 EUR);
- A civil liability certificate;
- Resume (only in some cases, and only for postgraduate degrees);
- Cover letter;
- French and/or English Language certificate (depending on tuition language of chosen degree);
- Transcript of records (a minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA or equivalent);
- Copies of diplomas (if not available, a certificate stating that you graduated);
- Proof that you can fund your stay in France (with a minimum of 800 euros per month).
Once all the documents have been provided, , if the college/university is satisfied with the documents, the applicant will receive a confirmation offer letter. Post this, the applicant needs to complete the Registration and pay college/university fees. The applicant then needs to book an appointment with the French embassy for the visa interview. After completing the entire application procedure, the French embassy will consider the same within 48 hours, if approved, the applicant should book their tickets. The admission intake in France is during September and February.
Following is the list of the final documents needed for making entry to France, post successful application:
- Confirmed admission letter from French University/school
- Final admission letter – unconditional
- Proof of Accommodation in France
- Proof of Financial Resources
- Overseas Medical Insurance
- Flight tickets
- Academic Degree Certificate
- Valid Passport