The cost of higher education in France is primarily dependent on the course and the university one enrolls in. As mentioned before, the admission to public universities is relatively cheaper than in grand Ecoles.
Following are the average tuition fees for different courses:
- Bachelor’s program: around 190 EUR per year.
- Engineering degree: around 620 EUR per year.
- Medicine: around 450 EUR per year.
- Master’s program: around 260 EUR per year
- Ph.D. program: around 396 EUR per year.
- Grandes écoles: Since they are premier educational institutes, they charge a very high fee which may range from 500-600 EUR per year to even 10,000 EUR per year depending upon the course selection.
- Business schools: around 5000-7000 EUR per year.
- Private Universities: starting from 1,500 to 20,000 EUR per year.
The living cost can go up to 10,000 EUR per year. For those who have a tight financial budget, can rely on getting scholarships. For the need-based, the scholarship amount granted ranges 1,606 EUR to 4,600 EUR per year. The merit-based grant ranges from 1,800 EUR to 6,102 EUR per year.
Following are some scholarships in France for International students:
- Eiffel Excellence Scholarships: Eligible for Masters and Ph.D. Degree holders. Eiffel scholarship-holders on Master’s courses receives an allowance of €1,181 and scholarship-holders on Ph.D. courses receive an allowance of €1,400.
- École Normale Supérieure International Selection: About 30 exceptionally talented international students are awarded a monthly stipend of approximately 1,000 Euros for 2-3 years.
- Ampere Scholarships of Excellence at ENS de Lyon: The ENS de Lyon with its allies offer scholarships grants to exceptionally bright international students, enrolling in their Master’s program, worth 1000 EUR per month for duration of a year.
- Emily Boutmy Scholarships at Sciences Po University: The scholarships have different forms ranging from €5,000 to €10,000 for 2 years of postgraduate study or 3,000 EUR to 12,300 EUR for 3 years of undergraduate study.
- Université Paris-Saclay International Master’s Scholarships: The University grants a scholarship of 10,000 EUR per year and a maximum of 1,000 EUR for travel and visa expenses.