Study Work Rights:
- Once students have commenced the course, you are permitted to work a maximum of 40 hours per fortnight (14 days) when your course is in session and unlimited hours when your course is not in session.
- As a Masters by research or doctoral degree student in Australia, there is no limit on the number of hours you may work.
- In the case of Dependent family members, there is no limit on the number of hours you may work if the student holds a higher education sector or Postgraduate research sector visa.
- Students can expect a wage rate of $18 to $25 per hour depending on job profile and industry. So a student can expect to earn an average of $1440 to $2000 Per Month.
Post-Study Work Rights:
Students are allowed to have the following post study work visa:
|Bachelor Degree & Master by Coursework Degree||2 Years|
|Master’s by Research Graduates||3 Years|
|Ph.D. Graduates||4 Years|
If your partner has a student visa, you will get a full-time work in Australia and can also study there for 3 months. If the student has student visa subclasses 572, 573 and 576, then you can be eligible for a work visa with the same period and if you also want to study for long duration then you have to apply for a student visa. You should wait till the visa holder has started his course in Australia, during the application process in which the information of your partner should be filled in applicant forms and there is no separate form for your partner’s visa. Your spouse is allowed to work and stay there till the course duration is given to the student.
You will need some documents to apply for visa:
- Valid Passport Copies
- Marriage Certificate
- Two Photographs (45mmx35mm)
- Marriage Photographs
- Birth Certificate
- Education Certificate
- Work Experience Evidence