Student Work Rights
- International students are eligible to work up to 20 hours a week while school is in session, and can work full time during vacations / scheduled breaks.
- The spouse of a student cannot work if they have travelled to the Canada on a dependent visa.
- Students can expect a wage rate of $12 to $14 per hour for a part time job depending on job profile and industry. So a student can expect to earn an average of $960 to $1120 Per Month.
Post Study Work Rights
- A student is offered different work permits according to his/her study program.
- If your course duration is less than 2 years but more than 8 months, you will be eligible for work permit for a period no longer than the length of your program of study.
- If your course duration is 2 years or more, you may be eligible for a work permit for up to 3 years.