Cost of Living
- An international student spends an average of $1000 per month towards living expenses. But from the research, it is seen that Indian students spend around $500 to $600 per month as living expenses which include accommodation, food, entertainment, transportation, etc.
- In case of couples, Indian Couple spends around $1000 to $1200 per month.
The institutes cost mainly depends upon the status and the courses they offer:
- Private Institute’s highest cost is $35,000
- Private Institute’s lowest cost is $18,000
- State Institute’s highest cost is $25,000
- State Institute’s lowest cost is $12,000
So tuition fees are different for different courses chosen by the student.
Students need to show proof of funds for the duration of the study mentioned on the I20. Generally, students are required to show liquid assets to cover the cost of the first year of study and living expenses and other assets to cover the remaining course costs and living expenses.
Evidence of Funds
- Your family (Parents, Siblings, Spouse and Grandparents) is considered as a natural sponsor for your student visa application. Apart from family, you are entitled to have two immediate blood relatives as sponsors.
- Source of Funds can include Savings balance, Deposits, Provident Funds, Postal Savings, Education Loan, etc.
- Properties, Share market investments, Gold, etc can be counted as the source of funds towards the further years of study.