Customer Services : +91 8758 525252

Customer Services : +91 8758 525252


Employment Opportunities

Student Work Rights

  • International students studying in the USA on the F-1 status visa are eligible to work on campus up to 20 hours a week while school is in session, and can work full time during vacations / scheduled breaks.
  • The spouse of a student cannot work if they have traveled to the USA on a dependent visa.
  • Students can expect a wage rate of $8 to $11 per hour depending on job profile and industry. So a student can expect to earn an average of $640 to $880 Per Month.

Post Study Work Rights

Student visa holders are eligible for a total of 12 months Optional Practical Training [OPT] per educational level completed.

  • Students with a degree from STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics) majors get an additional 17 months OPT extension [total of 29 months which includes 12 months OPT as stated above].

 F2 Dependent Visa

Who can apply?

  • The people who can apply for it are the spouse and unmarried children who are under the age of 21 of F-1 student and they may stay in the US as long as the primary student is in legal F1 status.

 How to apply for an F-2 Visa?

  • Your spouse or your children can apply for it and they can also come along with you in the United States. As to apply for the visa you need to contact ENO expert who will help you in applying for a new I-20.
  • You will have to submit the documents to give the proof of your relationship such as the birth certificate, marriage certificate, etc. After this, you also need to submit the evidence of financial resources as to show the income whether it is sufficient for the support of your family living in the USA. This evidence may include bank statements, affidavits and family savings in your country.
  • When you’ll receive a new I-20, the application procedure of F2 will be similar to the procedure of F1 visa. For this, you need to make an appointment to the ENO office and should bring all the documents along with you and also some additional information for a non-immigrant visa. Basically, a child who is under the age of 14 needs not to be present at the F2 visa interview, unless it is specifically mentioned.

Work and Study Rights:

  • In the USA, the F-2 visa holders are not allowed to work and study there. If they want to study or work there then they have to change their F2 status to F1.


Together, Let's Make Study Abroad Simple


Why Australia is the most sought-after education destination for foreign students

Studying abroad is a very significant step of your career. There are tons of universities across...

Being accepted to an Australian University: A step-by-step guide

Australia is a beautiful country down south. It has a lot of scenic destinations of immense...